Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

I am trying out 2 new recipes right now. Both came from AllRecipes.com:

chocolate chip muffins (with brown sugar topping)
blueberry muffins with cinnamon coconut streusel

Not sure how either of these are going to turn out. This is my first time making muffins from scratch! The chocolate chip muffin batter was not overly sweet, hopefully, the chocolate chips will compensate for that. I went against making them CHOCOLATE chocolate chip muffins, seeing as I'm taking these to a baby shower brunch, and let's be real--they're really just cupcakes :)

I used (thawed) frozen blueberries instead of fresh. I'm a bit worried that the coldness of the blueberries will have a weird reaction to the batter and not fully cook, we'll see....
Making baked goods from scratch is SO MUCH FUN. It's nice to know what I'm eating and it's also a sense of accomplishment. AND, it's SO MUCH CHEAPER. I got 2 doz. muffins with each batch! And what's awesome is I always have flour, sugar, eggs, and butter on hand, so the only additional purchases I had to make were the blueberries and mini-chocolate chips!

I've realized that I need to start developing a recipe book. Yes, I have a stored one on-line, but I don't like needed my laptop with me in the kitchen. So, maybe this is a summer goal? In order for that to happen, I need: printer, camera, and binder?



I've had 3 cups of coffee this morning, so I'm a bit off the wall. I leave you with this:

HAPPY MAY!!!

No comments: