Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Words of Wisdom

At the end of each semester, I like to give a survey to all of my students, which allows them to tell me what they liked and didn't like about my class. And I also get their feedback on what they think I need to improve on for teaching in the future.
I added a couple of new questions this time around: 1) What advice would you give to a future student taking my class and 2) Any additional comments?. I got A LOT of really great feedback. Students are very willing to be honest and I am definitely taking into account for next school year.

Here are some funny responses I got from several students:


Stay Swag

Ms. Ebberts has her moments. Her mental abilities go blank. She will be fine. And oh yea she has heat flashes, so just bear with her.

I love you beautiful creature

She gets excited which causes her to get hot sometimes...let her get some water. And...she has the "gremlin" thing sometimes.She's not crazy.

Don't get lost on the way to the bathroom because when you get back she will think you went to the cafeteria.

Laugh at her jokes even if they aren't funny. It helps her self-esteem.
(I got a lot of comments of students saying the did NOT like my jokes. I, however, will continue to tell them...)

If you want to be a teacher's pet bring oatmeal for her or a Bavarian cream pizza from CiCi's

Don't dance around her. She will dislocate your knee or send you to intensive care.
(i told all of my classes about my junior prom experience: i definitely sent a guy to the emergency room dancing to "I'm Sorry for 2004" by Ruben Studdard")



No comments: