Saturday, May 14, 2011

the clue of the whistling bagpipes

BORING
Holy SMOKES!! I've been reading that book for ALL OF APRIL AND HALF OF MAY. It did not hold my attention, but I couldn't bring myself to skipping it. I just had to read it. So, I don't really care to provide a review of this book.However, something I noticed: this is the first book in which killing is mentioned. The bad guys killed sheep and Lady Douglas' dog.

In other news, I just got back from prom! I saw of few of my students which was a lot of fun! I teach sophomores, so not many of my kiddos get to go, since it's by invitation only from a senior. It was a bit weird watching students grind to that nasty Rhiana song, "S and M" or something along those lines.

One of my girls was looking in her bag for something, then I hear all this laughter--she found a strip of bacon in her purse and she didn't know how it got there. So there's this strip of bacon sitting on her desk.

Also, I think I'm going to try out a new recipe this weekend. I volunteered to bring treats for one of my coworker's birthday on Monday, so I want to try something new.
Last week I made chocolate cookies. But instead of using peanut butter, I just used more chocolate chips. I froze 1/2 the cookie dough, so I'll be baking the rest of those. I am very pleased with these cookies. It was almost like eating mini brownies that weren't so dense, which is what I like. But I also want to do cupcakes, so I think I'm going to try some dark chocolate cupcakes. I also want to try to make my own frosting, but last time I tried, it was a complete fail, so we'll see...

No comments: