Saturday, April 23, 2011

Unintentional All-Nighter

These used to happen a lot when I was working on my masters last school year.
I went to Khaldi's tonight and had three cups of coffee, so needless to say, at 2AM I am not tired. So, since it's been a while (and I haven't even finished another mystery!), I decided to write a bit.

I am in the process of making chocolate truffles (for the first time) and chocolate truffle cookies [They're cooling in the fridge]. The cookies I have separated into: coconut, white chocolate chips, and milk/semi-sweet chips. I haven't decided whether or not I will bake them tonight, just depends on how late I end up staying awake.

So, in other news, school has been absolutely WILD. but a good WILD for the most part. Here's what's happened this week:

1) A student walks in and yells: Ms. Ebberts, you have a big black boyfriend?!
Me: What are you talking about?
Student: Someone told me they saw a picture of you with a big black dude.
Me: UM, what?
Student: I'm bout to update my status 'my teacher has a big black boyfriend'
Me: What surprises you more? That I have a boyfriend or that he's black?

2) A boy convinced me that 2+2 = POTATOES. no joke, the calculator showed me.

3) I sang "If I Could Turn Back Time" (by Cher) AND sang about Trigonometry to the tune of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" IN THE SAME DAY.

4) Student: Ms. Ebberts, if I lick your crusted oatmeal spoon, will your mathematical knowledge be transferred to me?

There are lots of other HILARIOUS things that happened at school, but everything just meshes together, leaving my brain all mushy SO that's all I can remember. Seriously, though, my kids are RIDICULOUS.

No comments: