Wednesday, June 2, 2010

the quest of the missing map

I read the majority of #19 at Panera. I would say this has kept me on the 'edge' of my seat the most so far. I found myself hitting my hand to my head numerous times wondering what Nancy was thinking! It seems as though she put herself in more risky situations without a whole lot of thought (or at least I think so). Also, Hannah Gruen (Nancy's housekeeper) is middle aged. This is the first 'personal' detail given of her in the series.
While I liked that this book kept me guessing and kind of tense during the read, I did not like the overall plot of the book.

Nancy (and friends) are trying to help a man find information about his long lost twin brother from sea. You see, this man, Mr. Smith, has HALF a treasure map, he brother has the other half. Their dad, captain of the ship, Sea Hawk, tore the map in half for their families to share the inheritance because he was going to die at sea. It is up to Nancy to find the missing part of the map AND help a recent widow, Ms. Chatham, discover a 'ghost' who has been living in their abandoned music studio.

See what I mean? Not a huge fan of this plot.
I do not want to give the story away, but let's just say, Nancy and Bess and George and Ned (and Burt and Dave--- Bess and George's "best dates") sail to an uncharted island in a boat called Primrose.

1 comment:

aimee paule said...

I can just see you at Panera, drinking your water and slapping your forehead. Silly Nancy! :)