Friday, June 4, 2010

the clue in the jewel box

#20 is set in Nancy's hometown of River Heights. I've decided that I like the stories that are "local." For instance, this story seems a lot more realistic than say Nancy and friends sailing to an island (#19). I don't have a whole lot to say about this book, it involved a Queen from a foreign country (does not ever say which one) who lives in secret (reminds me of Anastashia, where the royal family had to flee from their castle place). So this queen, Madame Alexandria is looking for her long lost grandson, Michael. So, Nancy is on the case to locate this long lost grandson, in the process, Mr. Faber is introduced. He owns an antique store in River Heights and will be seen in Nancy's other mysteries. This book did not hold my attention well. It is definitely not my favorite and given the opportunity, I would probably not read this one again. I do not think this was one of Nancy's best. There is a situation with pickpocketers which I feel could have been solved a lot sooner, if Nancy would have used more common sense, but I forgive her. She is a really trusting person and is not one to assume without evidence, so I can see why it took her so long to figure this out.

No comments: