Saturday, July 10, 2010

oh hey summer

still no updates on ND. i've been surprisingly busy this past week.

Friday was my first real day of summer (being done with my masters and such).
i started the day feeling really anxious. you see, on tuesday night, while i was at the mall, my car started freaking out and i couldn't drive it, so i spent the week without my car. long story short, i got it towed Friday morning and spent part of the afternoon crying from shock at the price to fix the car and the fact that i was completely helpless in this situation. i absolutely hated dealing with this situation because it was very inconvenient. i mean, my car was stuck at THE MALL, which is forever away from where i live (or at least it seems that way). i also really dislike asking people for help, and i had to do that a lot this week-- calling up various friends to get me around columbia. i think this is what i hated more than having to pay the mechanics. my car troubles helped bring to the surface again how much i fear being an inconvenience to people. i had to fight that this entire week, and let me tell you, it is EXHAUSTING. i am looking forward to some real rest in this upcoming week.

yesterday i also sorted through all of the papers i have accumulated over the last 13 months, it is a VERY huge stack. i found notecards that i had my students fill out on the first day of school that asked them: 1)what is your favorite tvshow or movie 2) what do you like to do for fun? and 3) what is a talent you have that most people don't know about.
i realized after reading through them yesterday, i had never read them during the school year. i feel like i missed out on a piece of my kids having missed this information, but it was nice getting to remember them for a few minutes.

1 comment:

aimee paule said...

...for a few minutes :)

We're next door if you need anything. Don't feel bad asking!