Monday, August 23, 2010

oh hey school year

slowly but surely i'm making it through my latest ND. i read about 12 pages before i fall asleep each night.

day 3 of school finished!

student: you know spanish?
me: well, i took 4 years in high school, but that was a long time ago
student: ms. ebberts, you only look like you are 28, you are not old.
me: you're right, 28 isn't old.
student: have you gone to any reunions yet?

so the good news is my students seem to think i'm quite a bit older than what i really am. maybe it will be easier to instill fear in them :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

to the student you can say: se me vale la chancleta...or maybe just confuse them with referring to back in the good ole' days and talk about things like a black and white tv and typewriters and disco balls, then adding how plastic surgery does wonders these days.