Monday, January 21, 2013

It's been a while

Well, hard to believe we're into second semester! Wowee! Let me start by saying, I have no idea how me and my students get SO off topic, but regardless, it happens, and I embrace it and still find myself laughing daily at my kiddos.

Haven't been great about recording what they've said. But here are some funny happenings that I can remember from first semester:

Background info: there was a dead cricket in the corner of my classroom.
Student #1: Ms. Ebberts, there's a dead cricket over here.
Student #2: Why are there crickets in your room?
Me: How many of you are familiar with hunting?
(a few kids raised their hands)
Me: Okay, well you know how they spray deer urine around themselves to attract the deer?
Class: yeah
Me: Well, I sprayed the perimeter of my room with cricket urine, to attract crickets to my room.


Background info: Homecoming Week. The spirit day was "Purple." So, I used this opportunity to wear my purple panda sweatshirt and jeans
Student: Um...Ms. Ebberts...can I ask you a question? (in the middle of my lesson)
Me: Sure. What's up?
Student: Um...is that panda on your shirt giving birth?
Me: I don't think so. I think it's just eating bamboo
Student: Oh, okay, sorry. It just looked kind of weird.
For the rest of the class period. I could see my students' eyes darting towards the crotch of the panda on my shirt. It is kind of questionable from afar.

No comments: