Monday, October 3, 2011

i gots tape worms

I am a math tutor. So, every 1st block on A-days, I get to help kids with their homework and help them study. It's really stressful, but also really fun, because there are some Calculus students that come in and we get to talk derivatives and what not.
I have my 'regulars.' I look forward to them because they aren't my own, but I've gotten to know them pretty well already over the course of the school year.

Here's a conversation between some of my Algebra 2 boys that come in:

Boy 1: You're a wrestler, you probably get ring worm or a staph infection or something
Boy 2: Nah, man, that's gross.
Me: Well, hey, at least that's better than tape worms, right?
Boy 1: No, I think I got those
Me (laughing): What? You do not have tape worms.
Boy 1: Yes, I do, I seriously think I have tape worms.


Anyway, I find this conversation really funny, because, well, I'm pretty fascinated tape worms. The idea of them are really gross, but I was really curious once in college and I ate one...No, actually, I just did a bit of research on them. Enough about worms.

1 comment:

breezylucia said...

at Downline Class today we talked about derivatives...ok so we didn't BUT he did say the word and i thought of you