Tuesday, January 4, 2011

beast mode

I was up in front telling my students which example I wanted them to work on and I said, "Go big or go home and you can't go home, so looks like you're going big."

student: man, ms. ebberts, you're such a beast

Beast is a compliment, it means something similar to cool. So, instead of saying things like cool or awesome, they may use the phrase, "beast mode"


In other news,

I had never been one for new year's resolutions until 2008; the year I decided to pie someone in the face. After I completed that goal (at about 9:30 Dec 31, 2008), it felt so great because I was faithful in what I set out to do. So, I've been making goals since then.

2009 Goal: read 1 book a month

2010 Goal: track my spending in an excel spreadsheet

2011 Goal: complete a triathlon

No comments: